BREAKFAST POPSICLES Courtesy of Chef Blakely Trettenero
These layered Popsicles can be made the night before for a fun breakfast or a cool treat on a hot summer day.
1/2 cup each of blueberries and sliced strawberries
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup granola
1/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
Popsicle molds with sticks
1. Put blueberries and sliced strawberries in separate saucepans on medium heat each with ¼ cup water and 1 teaspoon maple syrup
2. Bring both to a simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
1. In a mixing bowl combine Greek yogurt, almond milk and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
2. In another bowl mix granola with plain or vanilla yogurt
1. In popsicle molds, begin with a Greek yogurt layer, then a layer of strawberry mixture, another Greek yogurt layer, and a blueberry layer leaving room at the end for a layer of the granola-yogurt mixture.
2. Fill molds until you run out of ingredients
3. Add popsicle sticks
4. Put in freezer for a minimum of three hours or overnight